Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day... Success!

Our first day of class was in my opinion, a success! The day went a lot more smoothly than I expected. Of course, we had a few bumps throughout the day; two feel asleep in class, one's belt broke, one student's cheek sadly met the carpet, a few clips were changed, and a some tears were shed. However, I had the opportunity to meet and speak with every student. We learned some important rules from a kitten named Coco. We even had some time to practice saying hello, goodbye, and 1, 2, 3 in Mandarin Chinese. And at the end of the day, each student was successfully picked up by their parents. It was great to meet the students I will be spending a lot of time with over this next school year and I look forward to seeing their growth over throughout the year. One day down, a lot more to come! :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first week! Thank you for the time spent giving my son a memorable and proud learning experience on the 1st day of school; he is truly excited to be there and that he's met so many new friends. He eagerly shared his 1st day experineces with us, aunts, and other family members; additionally he could not wait to show off that he learned "Zài jiàn" as he ended each conversation with... "Zai jian!" "You know that means goodbye in Chinese; I learned it at my new school." Of course we smiled.

    We look forward to reading future blogs to give insight into our son's kindergarten day.

    Wishing you and the students a successful & fun-filled 2012-2013 academic year filled with cherished experiences and fond memories.
    A & J Cain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late reply. I am so glad that he is enjoying school and learning Chinese. You should ask him how to say, "I love my mom." We have practiced that a few times. :)

    ReplyDelete